Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My time off

Well, we get our kids back tomorrow. I miss their little faces. Although it has been good to have some down time around here. But honestly, I think I may be talking to myself a little bit too much to be considered normal.

I have not cooked a meal or been to the grocery store since they left on Sunday. And I've only needed to do one load of laundry in the past three days. Unheard of.

I got my car back mostly fixed yesterday. (let's not talk about the weird jerking movement it is doing now). I went straight to Target because I hadn't been there in like five days. I got myself a frappuccino (which was my lunch!) and spent the next two hours looking at every single item in Target. And I even bought all of the kids school supplies so "yay" for me! Then I came home and talked to the dogs for awhile until it was time for my meeting with our PTA president. I volunteered to be in charge of student birthday recognition at the school this year. And I am sure I won't regret that decision one little bit. Then afterwards Mike and I went to eat dinner at our favorite local Tex Mex restaurant here. And it was delicious.

Today I was very self indulgent and had lunch with Amy at the Nordstrom's Bistro. It just seemed like the type of place a woman of leisure would go to for lunch. And it was very good. Then I did something I haven't done in probably eight years. I went to the movies. By myself. That used to be one of my favorite ways to spend a day off. I always liked going during the week in the middle of the afternoon when things weren't too busy. There was just something peaceful about being in a dark room by myself getting lost in a movie. Well. I walked up to the window to buy my ticket and there was a sign in the window telling me to go inside to purchase tickets. Standard procedure on non-busy days. Perfect. So I walked inside and was immediately met by one of the biggest men I have ever seen. Dressed all in black. And he just lumbered over to me and looked at me with one weird crazy eye. It was strange enough that I almost ran out but I really wanted to sit in that air conditioned theater. So I asked him if I could buy a ticket and he said yes. Then a normal sized person sold me a ticket. Then the large man told me he would take my ticket. Then he told me I would be in theater number 11. All the while he was looking at me with that crazy eye and a weird look on his face. And I was like "oh my goodness, he knows where I'm going to be for the next two hours and I'm afraid he is going to come kill me." Because I never over react to life situations at all.

After debating going into a different theater to watch a different movie so the killer outside couldn't find me I decided to be a big girl and just go into theater 11. I went straight back to the third row from the back because that is my row. I was one of four people inside. Perfect. Then just as the movie started two younger girls came in with a large bag of popcorn and some drinks. And they sat right behind me. And they began eating that popcorn and shaking the bag around and driving me crazy. Why would you choose to sit right behind one of 4 other people in a theater? Spread out people! Maybe they were afraid that creepy guy was going to come kill them too so they sat behind me to hide. I don't know. I do know that one of them chose to prop her stinky feet up on the chair in front of her. The one right beside my face.

Anyhow. The movie was good and I somehow managed to block out my unwanted companions and enjoy myself. Now I'm just waiting for Mike to get home so we can go out to dinner again because I am still in a no cooking zone. Until tomorrow. Until I see my cute faces again.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.
    Radiator Covers UK

    ReplyDelete