Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Shred

Okay, so I've completed my first full week of working out. I actually only did four days of my thirty day shred video. Then I did one day of walking. Then I rested for two days because I am not God. I need more than one day of rest.

Once I recovered from my hamstring and bladder pull injuries from day one of the Shred I really started to not think I was going to die while I was doing it. I may have WANTED to die but I seriously didn't think it would happen. I think I'll even go up to Level 2 starting tonight. For those of you who don't know, Jillian Michaels is one of the trainers for TV's The Biggest Loser and she is also my personal trainer for this video. She tells you that she is tough from the beginning and she doesn't lie. About being tough anyway. There are a couple things she DOES lie about though. I think I'll address them in a letter.

Dear Jillian,

As an active participant in your thirty day shred video I feel I must advise you of a couple lies you are telling your viewing audience.

Number one: There is TOO a way to modify a jumping jack. It's called moving your legs but not your arms, or moving your arms but not your legs. Or sitting on the couch bouncing your feet on the floor while you finish your pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. In fact, just about anything in life can be modified if you just put your mind to it.

Number two: The word couple means two. If you look up the word in the dictionary it says that couple is either two people or a pair of things. So when you say for instance, "come on ladies you only have a couple more of these to do" I should be able to do two more and then quit. It really makes me quite angry when I think I only have a couple more crunches to do and then you keep going for another ten. That is blatant misleading and I don't care for it one bit. Don't lie to me. If we have fifty more crunches to do then just lay it on me. I can handle it. If not, there is always the Ben and Jerry's in the fridge I can go to for help.

Sincerely,
Abs are sore in Austin

1 comment: