Sunday, May 27, 2007

Missing Muffins

Yesterday morning I got up and made a blueberry muffin mix for breakfast. We had twelve golden muffins sitting in the muffin tin on top of the stove waiting to be eaten. I ate two and Mike ate two which left us with eight muffins if my math is correct. After breakfast Mike and I took Jake over to my sister's house so she could babysit while we enjoyed some alone time. We got to go to our first movie in a theatre since Jake was born! On our way out the door, I looked at the eight remaining muffins still in their pan and thought I'll just put those away when we get home later. Seven hours later, we get home and the muffins have mysteriously disappeared. I confirmed with Mike that he hadn't done anything with them and I knew I hadn't done anything with them. I checked the trash can and the refrigerator just to make sure. Nothing. I then turned to the dog and the cat, but they weren't talking. Now, our cat is Zoe is fascinated with bread and bread products. The other day she managed to knock a package of tortillas down from the pantry and ate holes in all of them. And our dog Brady will eat anything. The only evidence that the muffins met with foul play was one burner on the stove was slightly askew. That's it. The butter knife with butter still on it was sitting on the muffin tin just where I left it. There were no crumbs anywhere to be found. I'm not sure how they did it, but I know Zoe couldn't have eaten eight muffins all by herself although she did feel a little heavy last night. I'm imagining her on top of the stove with a muffin in her mouth and Brady sitting on the floor looking at her as she drops the muffin down for his consumption. And I'm guessing this happened eight times. I wish we had a video camera set up so I could be sure what they were up to. I will definately be investigating poop for the next day or two to see for sure who the guilty party is.

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! You have now made me curious as to where those muffins went. I can't imagine an animal, or two, eating that many and not showing any ill-effects (i.e. throwing up, sluggish the next day, etc). Hmmm...

    Glad you got to see a flick! It's so fun, huh, doing somethings sans kids? We have some impending date nights set up here, so I can't wait! What movie did you guys see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Pirates Part 3. It was a little long, but fun entertainment.

    ReplyDelete