Tuesday, May 8, 2007

New Milestone

Jake's been flipping from his tummy to his back for a few weeks now. Today, I saw him roll over from his back to his tummy for the first time! He did it twice just to show me it wasn't a fluke. He's really "swimming" a lot when he's on his tummy. So, I think he's trying to figure out this whole crawling thing next. Way to go Jake!

On a more serious note. As I was changing his diaper this morning, I took out the butt paste, put some on my finger, lifted his legs up to apply the butt paste, and instead got kicked by my son who then smeared the paste all over his foot. SO, I went to the kitchen real fast to get something to wipe if off with. Somewhere in those ten feet it took me to walk to the kitchen I forgot what I was doing. I put away a few dishes, wiped down some counters-all to the cute cooing and happy sounds of my baby in the living room. Went back to the living room to give baby a kiss and saw white butt paste all over his mouth (along with his foot)! I immediately wiped him clean (with my shirt, because I had forgotten to get a rag while in the kitchen). Then I grabbed the butt paste tube to see if it was harmful to ingest. However, the directions were in French. Now, I took Spanish in high school, but I think it said something about not getting it in your eyes and contacting a doctor after seven days if bad things were happening. Does anyone know anything about eating butt paste? If so, please advise. He seems okay to me.

2 comments:

  1. When in doubt, call your pediatrician or poison control. If all seems well in baby-ville this long after the event, he may not have swallowed any.
    On a side note....I forget what I am doing ALL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, call when it doubt! I must admit, that I laughed when I read this (hope that doesn't sound bad). I, too, have left M sometimes and forgotten about her in her crib or something. :)

    Go Jake for flipping in all directions. Crawling, here we come!

    ReplyDelete