Thursday, August 20, 2009

why i've been taking a summer hiatus (in case you care)

Things here at Little Mama have slowed way down this summer. I love to blog but there doesn't seem to be much time for it anymore. The kids have the same afternoon nap schedule so I always think I can get on the computer at naptime. But usually what ends up happening is an hour long battle with Jake about why he can't go to sleep. My theory is that it's because he won't close his eyes. Personally, I usually find that closing your eyes is the first step in going to sleep. And then on the days when he does go visit the sandman easily it seems little Emma decides to rebel and wake up early. It's almost as if they have joined forces. I didn't think that would happen until they were older. Between you and me I'm a little bit scared of them sometimes.

So before you know it eight o'clock rolls around and they are both tucked safely in bed and I think now maybe I can go think of something to write about or at least post a picture or two. Then I remember all the packed boxes still waiting for us in the garage or all of the projects we still need to finish and then before you know it eleven o'clock rolls around and we go to bed.

I'm actually hoping that starting back up at work again in a couple weeks will help get me back on some sort of schedule that allows for some free time. Not sure how that's going to work. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part. I do hope to get back to the blog on a regular basis before the kids graduate from high school.

We did get a much needed visit from my parents over the weekend. My dad and Jake wore out a path in our bedroom carpet playing cars all day long for four straight days. Mama wore out her arms trying to hold our squirmy little girl for me so I could do things like eat and take a shower. We were sorry to see them go. Jake actually cried a little bit this morning when he realized they were no longer here. I believe his exact words were "I can't SEE them anymore!"

My sweet hubby also celebrated his 28th birthday this week. For some reason the only picture I got that day was of Jake sitting in front of the birthday cake. See what happens when you have kids? You even get overshadowed on your own birthday.

Anyhow, here are a few of the latest pictures of the munchkins. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I love that little tight-lipped smile of Emma's. She and Jake are both so precious. Sorry I'm so tired all the time. The doctor said after a year I will be as good as new. Ha! That will just mean 1 less naps a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with the desire to blog and the lack of hours!
    Happy Belated Birthday Mike!

    ReplyDelete