Monday, March 19, 2012

Big 3!

Emma Mae turned three on March 12th and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. We had a small family party for her two days before her birthday because we had plans to be on the road to Amarillo on her actual birthday. Her class at mother's day out had a little party for her as well so she was really confused about when her birthday actually started and when it was officially over.

She wanted a Hello Kitty party. I managed to make some Hello Kitty sugar cookies for her class party thanks to my sweet neighbor who ordered some Hello Kitty cookie cutters as a gift for her. They came out pretty cute.



For the family party, I kind of struck out. Target was out of all of their Hello Kitty party supplies. I managed to find one Hello Kitty gift bag and a Hello Kitty balloon at the grocery store. So I just did everything else in pink. I don't think Emma even noticed.



Both my parents and my sister and her family were able to come for the party. We had our second annual round of playing Taboo at Emma's birthday parties. The boys slaughtered the girls but it was fun all the same. And on a bright note, I can tell you that for the last two days Emma Mae has not had a single temper tantrum and has even been heard saying "yes, ma'am" to me. Could it be we're turning a corner??


No comments:

Post a Comment