Monday, October 22, 2012

MIA

We have spent the past three and a half weeks with one sick child or another. First Jake battled a sinus infection from which he is still harboring a stubborn cough. Then little sister tried to one up him and came down with pneumonia. So we have pretty much been staying around the house and Emma and I are going stir CRAZY. We've had to miss work/school for a week now since she has been running a fever for a solid week. Tonight the poor little thing looked at me and said "mama, when is this supposed to be over?" I felt so sorry for her. And I feel like the answer is NOW. This is supposed to be over now. So, we may be going back to see the doctor in the morning.

The morning, which will be my 7th wedding anniversary to beloved hubby by the way. I was planning to have the neighbors babysit the kids so we could go have dinner at some cool restaurant in Austin we've never been to before. But now it looks like we might just have to get something from the Chili's to go menu and dine in tomorrow evening. I don't know many people who are going to jump at the offer to come babysit a three year old with pneumonia! Oh well. We'll make it through.

At any rate, our lives have been pretty dull so I haven't had much to write about. Unless you want to hear about how I've had a headache for three days now. And how this morning I went to take two ibuprofin for it and then had a sneaking suspicion that I had already just taken two ibuprofin for it but I couldn't be one hundred percent sure because I have lost my ever loving mind. So I took two just in case I hadn't already taken them and thought what could be better than two ibuprofin? Four ibuprofin.

Or maybe you would like to know how my neighbor/friend Misty and I stood out in my driveway today for fifteen minutes talking about something her daughter found in the dog's poop. She thought it was a leech. So she brought it over in a jar for me to look at. Then she screamed every time I took the lid off the jar to get a closer look. Because really, this is the most interesting thing I've seen in a week. We both freaked out for awhile about how a dog could have swallowed a leech and pooped it out and the thing could still be alive. Then we talked about how gross leeches are. Then I looked really close at the thing and saw the two cutest little antennae sticking out of its head. Then I determined it was a slug that was probably just trying to eat the dog poop. Case closed.

Speaking of poop, you know things are less than exciting in your life when you hear your five year old boy shout from the bathroom "mom! you got to come see this poop!" And you go. Even though you know it's gonna be gross and it can in no way enrich your life to look upon such a sight. But really, what else do you have to do? Nothing. Except maybe go take some more ibuprofin.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated anniversary! We were married in oct. too (11th) - it's a great month w/ all the fall colors! Yes, poop is a topic of conversation for many years when you have little ones!

    ReplyDelete