Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baseball Days

Oh. My. Word. When you put a baseball hat on the boy his cuteness factor multiplies. I didn't even think it was possible!



Well, we have officially entered t-ball season around here. Jake couldn't be more excited. This morning the Red Sox played their second game of the season. Jake woke up and immediately put on his uniform even though the game wasn't until 10am. That uniform is extra small mind you. And it still hangs on him! Since he has never played before, we decided to register him in the non-competitive league. He is on a team with 4 to 6 year olds. We also thought it might be helpful if he was one of the older kids on the team.

I think we made the right decision. He's having fun without being stressed out. In fact, in game one he actually laid down for a couple minutes on second base after running the long distance from first to second. The kid needs a break every now and then. He's not fighting as many super hero battles on the field as he did when he played soccer two years ago. But today he was doing something indeterminate while playing short stop. Looked like he was swatting/shooting at bugs or something.

I am working very hard at taming my competitive nature and just letting him have fun. Even when he sits down in the outfield to play in the dirt. The outfield is boring after all.

4 comments:

  1. That's really nice.. I think baseball is a nice game.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is a Red Sox!! Or Sock. He is precious! Have fun. I'm already missing those days--enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he is a Red Sox!! Or Sock. He is precious! Have fun. I'm already missing those days--enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to come to a game! You'll have to let me know the schedule.

    ReplyDelete