Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hot to Trot



This is a picture of me and Amy that we took Saturday morning after we ran, okay mostly walked, a Hot to Trot 5K. It was my first official race and it was quite fun. Running (walking) isn't nearly as bad when 2500 other people are doing it with you. Our official time was 53 minutes which pretty much sucks, but we were held up for the first mile by the throng of people around us and maybe because we were talking too much and paying attention too little.

Could my face be any redder? It looks like I just completed a marathon. And how come Amy looks like she skipped the race entirely and just met me at the finish line with a cup of water or something? Also, I'm a little discouraged by the crow's feet and bags under my eyes. I will say I'm suffering from some sort of horrific allergy right now, but I'm not sure if allergies really cause wrinkles. I think I'll just go with that theory for now because the camera is cruel.

Honestly though I'm so proud of us for running for nine whole minutes during this race. We really stretched ourselves athletically. Now, I'm looking forward to our first 10K. I've definately learned to pace myself, push myself and take the race picture before the race and not afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, I am horrified. I would like to point out that my face looks so LARGE because I am holding the camera. My face is really not that LARGE, people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, i thought you looked way better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look great! I would love to run, just my body does not desire the same things!
    I need walk/running partners....come back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job! it's so fun to do a race with a friend.

    ReplyDelete