Monday, May 26, 2008

How we spent our Memorial Day Weekend

Friday was my niece's birthday so my parents made the trek down here again to come to her party. Imagine twelve 12 year olds in one house for a swimming/golf cart riding/slumber party. I think she had lots of fun and we all loved being there for it, but my parents and Mike and I also loved the fact that we got to come back to our house to spend the night. My brave sister and one of her friends were going to handle all those girls over night. Boys don't do slumber parties, right?

My parents were able to hang out with us until Sunday afternoon and they even let Mike and I go out to a movie Saturday night. We saw the new Indiana Jones movie and it was okay. But it was great getting out on our own for a few hours. Mike made what I will now be referring to as his "world class ribs" for dinner before we left to go to the movie. Can I just say I didn't have to cook at all this weekend?

Before my parents left they did what they always do which is to stock us up on all of life's necessities. Mom bought Jake clothes and some toys and daddy bought diapers and at least a week's worth of chocolate for me. Aren't parents the best?

3 comments:

  1. Mike's ribs, baked potatoes and chocolate mousse are the best. He should be a chef in some great restaurant. We love visiting with you guys and, of course, Jake is so much fun. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete