Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I know you're thinking "oh no, she didn't." But yes, yes she did. I put up the Christmas decorations on November 15th. Clearly a breach of Christmas protocol. But I just don't care. Because the decorations make me happy. And it's only two weeks early. And we had an empty corner to fill. My friend Leslie and her two kids came over Friday night and helped. Can I just say it's pretty funny watching small boys decorate a tree? Jake had more fun taking everything off of the tree than putting them on. And the next day Mike and I had to kind of rearrange some stuff. Because little kids have a tendency to cluster ornaments in one small area of the tree. Here's an example.



The boys danced for joy when their work was finished.




However, I'm happy with the finished product even though Mike and I still have a poor little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. He's small but he's festive. Someday, when we grow up we hope to have a grown up tree as well. Have you seen the prices of Christmas trees lately? We clearly need to start saving. If you would like to donate to our Christmas tree fund just call 1-800-TREESFO'PO'. In the meantime, I'm desperately trying to hold off playing my Christmas CD's for a couple weeks. Because clearly I don't want to get carried away with the upcoming season.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!
    I like your tree.

    No fires near us...there's nothing left to really burn other then the Tijeras Creek bed (which is a giant tinder box) but our last wind event, we all noticed more cops around the area. Yes, writing tickets, but I think they were watching the one last hill too.

    ReplyDelete