Tuesday, December 15, 2009

40 days to 40

Let the countdown officially begin. In just forty short days, I will be forty years old. They say 40 is the new 30 so I'm not too worried about the number. I just wanted to remind all of you out there (all three of you) reading my blog that you have forty days to contact Rick Springfield and beg him to come to my house with his guitar. Listen people. I don't think I can do this without you. I have not yet heard back from the Ellen show so I think they are ignoring my email. I'm considering an intensive letter writing campaign right now. So get out your pens and your spiral notebooks and help me write letters!

I know we can do this as a group. Some of you are probably thinking what good would my one little letter do? It's just like voting. If we all write a letter maybe someone will listen to us. We CAN change the world. Or at least my little corner of it. Yes we can!

He doesn't even need to spend a lot of time with me. I'm imagining it right now. I open the door to see Rick standing on the doorstep. I calmly greet him and let him into the house while offering him a beverage and something to eat. He sits down on the couch, busts out his guitar and starts singing Jessie's Girl. Then he sings Ordinary Girl, gives me a hug, autographs my arm and leaves to go make some other girl's dream come true. I never wash my arm again. He's in. He's out. It's a whirlwind of excitement.

So remember. I need emails to the Ellen show. Letters to her show or to Rick himself. Come on wordsmiths. I KNOW you can do this. YES, YOU CAN!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Rick is getting ready to come to my house...LOL found your blog through my google alert and it made me laugh because I had the same idea. Hope your dream comes true. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I be worried that you're obsessed with another man?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, it was my luck today that I actually logged onto facebook and saw your post and link. I think you need to take a picture of you in your Jessie's girl t-shirt I made for you and send that in with you letter to Ellen. I love you honey, miss you and I'm sure Rick would be honored to sing for you in person... your the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am apparently inept. Where do I find the email for ellen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's the link
    http://ellen.warnerbros.com/
    at the very bottom of the page it says email ellen, but you only get 1500 characters so it has to be a pretty short email

    ReplyDelete