Monday, December 21, 2009

Is that Bon Jovi or did Mama get her hair done?



Let me start off by saying that I don't know why my shoulders are all hunched up in this photo. I think I just get really nervous when someone takes my picture because I'm afraid I'll end up looking like a freak. Go figure.

So, last week I decided to go to Amy's "hair gal" to get my hair cut and styled. It was just time for my bi-annual hair grooming. I loved Melanie and decided to trust her opinion that curls are coming back in style. Of course, she also told me everything from the 80's was coming back in style. I just have to say that I will NOT wear leg warmers ever again. Or sweater dresses. Just sayin'. Anyhow, she cut a good chunk of my hair off and showed me how to make the curls look good. I think. I can't decide. Sometimes I look at it and think it's really cute. Other times I look at it and think "hey, when did we get a poodle?" And still other times I look at it and frantically dig around in my purse for a cigarette lighter to hold in the air before I realize that we in fact do NOT have an eighties era rock star living with us.

3 comments:

  1. i like it! you give me courage to let my curls have their way too. think how much time it would save me, no more straightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i love it and trust me that embracing the curl gives you so much more time. miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is cute as well! It may seem a little "big" in the picture, but then again, you do live in Texas. I like the curls, these look whimsy, yeah whimsy. :)

    ReplyDelete