Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer travels


We started off the summer with a little road trip. I took the kids up to my sister's house where we got out of our car and into her car and then she drove us all to Amarillo to see our parents. My niece came too. I would love to go up and visit my parents more often but I'm scared of my children. At least I'm scared to be alone in a car with them for nine or ten hours. They're little and sometimes they just don't deal very well. But Cheryl has a nice, comfy car with a DVD player so Jake was happy. Emma did pretty good too as long as I kept handing her snacks. When the snacks ran out, Katie did a good job of entertaining her. I also found out that my wallet will keep a fifteen month old occupied for a LONG time. Emma had so much fun taking out all my cards and then putting them in different places.

We had a good visit with our family. I have to say I was exhausted by the end of the week. I shared a bed with Jake who sleeps horizontally instead of vertically. I woke up every morning with a foot in my side or a leg thrown over my head. We will not mention the poop in the bathtub incident. We will not mention how as Jake and Emma were taking their bath one night, Jake starts screaming "MAMA! DOG POOP! DOG POOP, MAMA!" I did not see a dog in the bathtub. Let's not talk about how I pulled both kids out of the bathtub and began to look around for something to bail the poop out with when I realized there was also a trail of poop leading from the bathtub, across my mama's bath rugs and up to Emma's little bottom. For to mention it will cause me to relive it. Some things are best left in the past.

Here's our motley crew the morning we left Amarillo to come back home.

2 comments:

  1. How do you like the support hose and sandals? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost as much as I like the look you're giving our photographer!

    ReplyDelete