Friday, January 4, 2013


Hello to another year! Is anyone else out there ready for their children to go back to school? We have had a great Christmas break with much family time. The weather finally turned cold so it feels like winter. But, that also means that the kids can't go out to play and are therefore completely off their rockers. This past week has been spent trying to get them out of the house to get the wiggles out.

We spent the first day of the new year eating way too much food and then decided to take the kids to see a movie. In an actual movie theater. This was only Emma Mae's second time to be allowed in a theater because the first time we took her to one I spent the entire movie in the bathroom and walking around outside with her and her cousins. She did much better this time. We saw Rise of the Guardians and both kids loved it.

On Wednesday I pulled out some coupons and we took the kids to Austin to the children's museum. It was our first trip to this museum also. I've always wanted to take them but have heard from friends how crowded it is. That is no lie. I'm sure it didn't help that school is out and it is too cold to do anything fun outside but we joined half of the population of Austin at the museum that day. Still, it was a really cool place and the kids enjoyed themselves.

On Thursday I took the kids to the pet store to buy a few things and look at animals. Then we went over to Target because that is what we do. Emma Mae had a complete melt down in the check out line. So much so that I had to toss her in the back of the shopping cart to contain her. Which made her really really mad. So mad that she kicked and screamed and yelled loudly enough for all of Target to hear that she "DID NOT WANT TO RIDE IN THE CART!" Also, when I picked her up to put her in the cart she started screaming "OWIE, OWIE, OWIE! YOU HURT MY ARM! I SAID YOU HURT MY ARM MAMA! MAMA? MAMA! I SAID YOU HURT MY ARM MAMA!" It was a fine moment. She was still screaming in the parking lot on our way out to the car and an older gentleman was behind us. He was trying to be cute or funny or I don't know what he was trying to be when he said "well, I guess we'll be telling daddy about this when he gets home tonight won't we?" And you know what? I did tell Mike about it when he got home at 10:30 because I was still mad.

So today, my wonderful hubby declared it "daddy and kiddo day" and he took our beloved progeny out of our house at 9:30 this morning and did not return them until almost 2pm. It was a much needed break. I managed to go through both kids rooms and the playroom and throw away a bunch of junk and collected a boxful of toys they don't use anymore. Everything is organized and that makes me happy. We ended the day with some pizza and a movie. I love those kiddos but I am ready for all of us to get back to more of a routine on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment