Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer Snippits

We really have been quite busy this summer. I've just been too exhausted by the end of the day to write about it! Here's a synopsis. I took the kids into the big city one Saturday morning to see a free concert by some of children's music "big names".  Joe McDermott and The Biscuit Brothers. At the same concert. For free. That would be like a teenager getting to see Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber together. Or like me seeing Rick Springfield and Bon Jovi in the same night. You can't tell by the picture but Jake and Emma were super excited. And maybe suffering from slight sun stroke. It was hot out there ya'll.
 


This is Joe. He is incredible. Even adults like him.


We got some rain and saw a lovely rainbow.




We made friends with some lizards in the garden.

 
Mike did a complete overhaul of the kids Power Wheels truck.
 

Took a trip to Amarillo to see my parents.


Dad and I took the kids to the zoo. "Hey, hey we're the monkeys!"


My oldest friend in the world, Denise, was gracious enough to host a Stella & Dot trunk show for me while I was there. She invited my second to oldest friend in the world, Misty, to come. Had a great time with these girls! And I don't mean that they are old. I just mean I've known them longer than any of my other friends!

We've hiked, bowled, swam, and gone to many a bouncy house over the last few weeks. And now, somehow, someway, we are down to the last two weeks of summer. I think we're all ready for a more regular routine and some cooler weather. Although I am not looking forward to setting an alarm clock every morning. Enjoy the last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment