Sunday, October 28, 2007

Name Change

Well, I've decided to change the name of this blog to Little Mama because I think it best describes me at this point in life. I've actually wanted to do this for a long time but held off because I didn't want anyone to think I was copying them. For example, two of the blogs I read on a daily basis are Big Mama and BooMama and these ladies are very funny and I didn't want them to think I was jumping on their mama bandwagon. But then I realized that they have probably never heard of me, don't read my blog, and probably don't have a copyright on the word "mama". Hence, the name change.

Also, my wonderful hubby calls me Little Mama on a daily basis so I actually answer to this more than my real name. And I call him Big Daddy which I totally stole from Amy who also calls her hubby this. And we refer to Jake as Little Mister which we also totally stole from Amy and her son. I'm not sure if she goes by Little Mama but if so, again, I don't want her thinking I'm copying her. Even though I am. Imitation is a form of flattery you know.

Besides, my great grandmother on my mom's side had the nickname Fat Mama which is not nearly as flattering as Little Mama, but you see the "mama" nickname tradition is in my blood. It's my heritage.

Also, I've decided that since I'm now thirty-something I will not care too much about what other people are thinking of me. After all we're not in junior high school anymore. If we were, the name of my blog would clearly be something like "Ferris-Wheel", or "Bueller." Because kids are cruel and this is what I got called back then. Explains a lot, don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Will you also be called Amy now, too? Seems like you are taking many things from her...hehe

    The name mama is the best; that's what I am called and I hope mags will call me that for years to come--not so much "mom" or "mommy." i just like the mama thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mama too! and you know, i've always answered to amy because growing up people used to get us mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes....I am Little Mama as well. But only in writing. Like when he writes a note to me. It is so romantic. Otherwise I am just Mama when he is talking to me.

    I think you should change your picture at the top. I didn't realize that Calm Before the Storm was the name of the blog--I thought it was the name of the picture. Little Mama doesn't quite go with that picture. Not that you asked my opinion.

    It was so nice to see Jake today. And you too. And of course Mike. I miss holding babies so I like to hold Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i know, i'm looking for an appropriate picture or maybe i'll go with no pic at all. jake said he likes it when you hold him too and thanks for the futon!

    ReplyDelete