Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm sure you've all been waiting breathlessly for the pictures of our neighborhood pond once we finished cleaning it out. I'm a little late with the pics because my parents came to visit over the weekend on a spur of the moment kind of thing and I chose not to blog while they were here. Family trumps Blog. Anyways, this was after we pulled out four bags of trash (mainly plastic bottles and Starbucks cups). We couldn't reach the stuff in the way back.


Jake loves to pick up rocks and acorns at the park, and he especially loves to find snails in the pond and hold them up to get a better look at them. Then he gently places (throws) them back in the water where they live to crawl another day. I promise that no snails have been injured in the making of this blog post. I'm sure a few of them are dizzy and disoriented when Jake gets through with them, but not hurt.



Sadly, I took Jake over to the pond this afternoon and it's back to being almost completely trashed again. So, it looks like this might become a weekly project. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. That is awful that people have already trashed it again. You are setting a good example for Jake! If I had known you had easy access to snails I would have asked you to keep some for Addison....her class needed some for their pets-- they had snail races last week with the classroom snails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim,
    Where did your baby go????
    He's growing too quickly!

    ReplyDelete