Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The beauty? It eludes me.

The skin on my face has decided to go back and visit 1985. Back then it was normal to have shiny, oily skin with pimples big enough they had to apply for their own social security cards. But really, this isn't acceptable on a 30-ish year old woman. Maybe it's the heat and the fact that it takes exactly 30 seconds outside for me to be in a full body sweat, but my face is going crazy. Any suggestions? I'm already on ProActive so is there any other miracle drug out there?

Also, I've got enough baggage under my eyes for a two week trip to Hawaii. Except I couldn't afford it since the Airlines are charging for extra luggage these days. I've already tried preparation H. It's not working. Any other suggestions?

And should we talk about the deep wrinkles around my eyes that I used to think were cute back when they were "laugh lines?" Except now they're present even when I'm not laughing. They're pretty much laugh, cry, be angry, happy or indifferent lines now. I need a good wrinkle cream that actually works. Suggestions?

And last but not least, let's talk about my knees. When did an elephant move into my legs? The skin around my knees is saggy and wrinkly. Is there a solution?

4 comments:

  1. Woe is you!! You inherited your Mom's genes. The "change of life" or a hysterotomy will take care of the pimples. Starving the rest of your life might solve some of the other problems. I don't know. I never had the willpower. Good luck. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately have the wrinkly knee syndrome going on. Have you noticed that celebrities have nice non-wrinkly knees? How is that achieved? Do they have plastic surgery on their knees like they do on every other part of their body? Is there Botox for knees? I have often wondered this as I look at their perfectly sagless, wrinkle free, teenage looking knees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mama, i can't believe you said "change of life" on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're beautiful!
    But...I also realize that well, none of us get to look like we're 20 anymore and that's a HUGE BUMMER! The dark pigment blotches all over my face are getting worse and it's sooo embarrasing!

    ReplyDelete