Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It sure beat lipstick and nail polish























Happy belated mama's day to all my mommy friends. We celebrated on Saturday since Mike gets off work earlier than on Sundays. We had such a great day! I woke up to find three gifts on the kitchen table. The first was a vase full of purple tulips from little Emma. She's such a thoughtful baby! The second was a gift card for a massage from Jake. Apparently, he has gotten himself a part time job and has been saving his money. Good boy. And the third was a card from my sweet hubby with a note inside saying we would have a babysitter that afternoon and could go out and do whatever I wanted to!

So, I chose to be outside. We went to what is supposed to be the highest point in the city and just looked at the view and all of the million dollar houses on the lake below. Then we went and rented a canoe and set out to enjoy the water ourselves. Sadly, we really wanted a kayak but they were out so we were stuck with the canoe. It was slower and much harder for Mike to paddle me around the lake in than a kayak would have been. But, it was fun all the same. After the exercise portion of our day, we went to a fun restaurant on the lake and had shrimp tacos and enchiladas. It was a very good day. Thanks to my hubby for arranging everything and to Chantal for providing us with her wonderful babysitting skills.

Lastly, I would like to formally apologize to my mama. I remember many a Mother's Day where daddy would give us some money and tell us to go buy you a gift. So we would set off to TG&Y and just pick out the most hideous things. How many bottles of nail polish and lipstick that was totally the wrong shade have I given you in my lifetime? I'm sorry. I wish I had thought of a massage or just some pretty flowers. Forgive me?

2 comments:

  1. Anytime! - Seriously! I had fun! :) Did Mike get the pics I sent? If not, I can send them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Mike is a thoughtful husband. I got a candle from walgreens and ate ramen(that i had to cook myself) out of a pot for dinner. And coincidentally, I also got a candle for my birthday which was last week. How original!!!

    ReplyDelete