Sunday, May 3, 2009

What I do with my free time

You know how you reach a point in life where you think you've had enough and you sit down to look for a one way plane ticket to anywhere but where you are? Or is that just me? Well, I was pretty much there on Friday. I just needed a break. And then two things happened. First, God made my baby sleep seven hours straight through Friday night. And second, my hubby gave me a couple hours on Saturday to go out by myself. So now I've cancelled my one way ticket to New Zealand. By the way, you can get a round trip ticket from Dallas to Cancun, Mexico right now for $148. Because if you're gonna get swine flu you might as well get it cheap.

In other miracles, today Emma is napping by herself in our bed and has been doing so for a good two hours now. Jake has been napping for 45 minutes as well so I've had a little bit of time to myself. I'm so excited! I've already checked e-mail, paid bills, made a grocery list, cleaned the kitchen and ordered my mama her birthday/mother's day present. (She gets the short end of the stick a lot because her birthday frequently falls on mother's day and heaven forbid I buy two separate gifts.)

Next, I couldn't wait to sit down and blog! I haven't had a chance to put any thought into this bloggy thing in such a long time. Guess what? I have nothing to say. Zilch. Nada. Can't think of a thing. So, I think I'll just put up a cute picture of the boy. Here's to expecting bigger and better things from me in the future. (But don't get your hopes up.)

2 comments:

  1. Just make it a round trip please and I'll be happy...or buy 2!!! Love you babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little guy!!! I cannot believe how fast he is growing up.

    If you ever change your mind about NZ..call me, I'll go!

    Praying Emma keeps up the good sleeping for you.

    ReplyDelete