Monday, May 18, 2009

Let's talk about TV

As this year's television season winds down, I find myself already missing some of my favorite characters. We still have another episode or two of 24, but I am so concerned about Jack Bauer. Will he or won't he die from his exposure to this biological weapon he inhaled trying to save the country yet again. How many more people will he have to torture? And why doesn't he try doing what his real life counterpart does and just start headbutting anyone that gets in his way. Jack is a real man and I miss him every summer when he's gone.

After the season finale of Lost, I am completely lost yet again. Yes, they answered many questions, but as always they raised even more. The most obvious one being what's going on with John Locke and how did that guy in the foot statue get to look exactly like Locke? The question I will ponder the most this summer however, is will Kate end up with Jack or Sawyer or none of the above? I have to admit I've become quite partial to Sawyer. I would like to see him happy again after Juliette got sucked down the big hole by the giant magnet.

I can't even talk about American Idol. Except to say this. I am banning the season finale based on the fact that the judges are totally pushing one contestant to be the winner and this person just gets on my nerves. If I have to see him in tight pants sticking out his abnormally long tongue one more time I might die. I don't think it's fair for the judges to endorse one person over the other and they are really making me mad this season.

Survivor. Coach is gone. What can we say about Coach? He was very interesting. But I'm afraid somewhere along the way he swallowed a crazy pill. I'm glad he got voted off just so he can get out of the sun, rehydrate himself and hopefully stop having delusions about himself.

Now, for the bigger question. Where have all of the good sitcoms gone? I love me some reality television, but I remember a simpler, happier time when I could sit in front of the TV for hours laughing at the hijinks of some made up family. I miss that. The only really funny sitcoms I can think of are The Office and The Big Bang Theory. Am I missing something else? Has the sitcom gone the way of the wooly mammoth? Is it just not relevant anymore?

Here is my top 10 list of the absolute best sitcoms ever to grace TV land.

1.) Friends-especially the episode where Ross does the spray tan or any of the episodes where Rachel was pregnant

2.) Happy Days

3.) Laverne and Shirley

4.) Three's Company

5.) The Cosby Show

6.) Seinfeld

7.) Family Ties

8.) Growing Pains

9.) The Office

10.) Friends again, because it was the best show ever and I can't think of a number 10

Thoughts, please.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with most of your Top 10 list except I would take out Three's Company and put Cheers in its place.

    The drama that I miss most is Party of Five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you on Friends... I crack up every time I watch an episode, even though I've seen all of them 100 times!! Love the spray tan episode, some of my other faves are the onagi episode, the apartment game episode and the episode with Ross and the leather pants, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice List!!! Maybe you should do a top ten more often...I know you're pretty good at them.... I also like 2 and 1/2 men as well as how I met you mother, but I don't know if they rate a top ten spot. Scrubs is awesome but I feel they went down hill somewhere around season 5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 rock makes me laugh out loud a lot. That new show parks and recreation has some potential I think.

    ReplyDelete