Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You got to cut loose, footloose

I recently read that someone in Hollywood is remaking the Footloose movie. I have to go on record as saying that I think this is a HUGE mistake. Some movies are better left alone. Footloose is a classic from the 80's that cannot be redone. Kevin Bacon as Ren McCormack will live in history. No one can duplicate that performance. I still get goosebumps when I think of him going in front of the town council to make his speech trying to convince them to let the kids have a prom. I loved that he quoted from the Bible to show the reverend that even God thinks there is a time to dance. Brilliant!

Dear Hollywood director types:

Please leave Footloose alone. Didn't you learn anything from trying to remake Dirty Dancing? The next thing we know you'll be casting Adam Lambert to be the next Maverick at Top Gun. Unacceptable. Love, Little Mama

Mike thinks I should start doing a top ten list every week here on the blog. With that in mind, I think I'll share my top ten favorite Kevin Bacon movies with ya'll.

1.) Footloose (no surprises there)
2.) A Few Good Men (loved him even though he goes up against Tom Cruise in this one)
3.) Apollo Thirteen
4.) Trapped (he makes a really good bad guy)
5.) Mystic River
6.) The River Wild (ditto the bad guy)
7.) JFK
8.) He said, She said
9.) Flatliners
10.) Sleepers (ditto the bad guy)

Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. What about Animal House!!! "Thank you sir may I have another!!!" You can't beat that! And Tremors was so so so good...I was scared to walk on the ground for weeks. (I was 12 at the time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. was kevin bacon in 10 movies? hmmmm, i guess that sheds a bit of light on my feelings about kevin bacon.

    that being said, i loved footloose after i saw it a second time. the first time i was too young, didn't connect with it. the second time i sat transfixed. yeah they should leave well enough alone. maybe you should start a petition.

    ReplyDelete