Friday, January 14, 2011

Art

Oh, let's catch up. I finally found the computer again. It was buried under all of the dirty laundry. Our dryer STILL has not been fixed. I'm afraid of what might be lurking in all the piles of dirty clothes around here.

Okay. In an effort to nurture Emma's inner artist I bought some art supplies last week. We have been having more fun finger painting around here. If you consider me hovering over them with a wet washcloth so they don't get paint everywhere fun that is. I try to let go of my OC tendencies but it rarely works. I bet my obsessive compulsive disorder could beat up your obsessive compulsive order anyday of the week!




I also bought her some fat crayons because she loves to color. Jake is not the least bit interested. I hoped that shiny new crayons might make a difference for him but so far he could care less about coloring. He was, however, very interested in the kid proof scissors I bought. All he wants to do is cut things now. Luckily, the scissors barely work so I don't think I have to worry about him cutting Emma's hair off.



Here they are water coloring. It lasted all of four minutes. But hey, four minutes is four minutes. This time instead of hovering over the children I unloaded the dishwasher.




All in all we love the new art stuff and can't wait until I can go back and buy some dot paints!

1 comment:

  1. You have a couple of real artist, don't you? Tell them to paint MeMa a picture. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete