Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye 2010

Well, we said goodbye to 2010 around 11pm Friday night. We went to a neighbors New Years Eve party for a little while and then came home and watched TV until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. We know how to do things up in style around here.

Unfortunately, the neighbors decided to come outside and start up the fireworks around 10pm and our dog doesn't do fireworks. He panted. He paced. He was all up in my face for the rest of the night. When midnight hit and everyone in our town started doing fireworks I thought the dog was going to have a stroke. So we did see 2011 come in after all.

2010 was a pretty good year I'm sure. I don't remember half of it. I know we got Jake potty trained. Yeah! I know Emma learned to walk, climb, dance and generally run me ragged. Yeah! I know Mike and I got to go on our first overnight trip together since we had kids. Yeah!

I also know that in the month of December alone our Jeep broke down. Mike's teeth broke down. And our dryer broke down. So, big NO YEAH! for all of that. I hope 2011 brings financial fortune to us.

I don't really do resolutions because I lack a certain follow through necessary to be successful at them. I do more of a list of guidelines I would like to follow throughout the year if I have the time or inclination.

So, here are my guidelines for 2011.

1.) Thanks to my mama's pie I need to lose a few pounds I put on over Christmas. Thanks to Amy I am going to start the couch to 5K program tomorrow.

2.) I hope to be a more intentional mama.

3.) I hope to be a more loving wife.

4.) I hope to put Jesus first because I think that would take care of numbers 2 and 3.

5.) I hope to be a successful vegetarian for two weeks. My dad and I are going to start our annual veggie diet in the next month or so.

6.) I hope to finish one of the many children's stories I have started.

7.) I hope to listen to more music.

8.) And dance.

9.) I hope to be a better friend.

10.) I want to do something different with this blog. I'm thinking of trying to mention Rick Springfield somehow in every post I write for the next year. I'm still working on the details of that one. Wouldn't that be fun? Do you think he would notice me then?

Tell me your 2011 hopes. I would love to know what other people are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment