Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's a wonderful life

Friday night I was sitting on the couch reading my latest addiction (Game of Thrones) while Mike was cooking some of his amazing chilli for dinner. I looked up to see Jake lying on the floor contentedly playing his Leapster game and Emma Mae sitting on our ottoman looking at her own book. I was just amazed at how beautiful they are. Then Mike came over and sat down to play Angry Birds. And Brady came over to pant all over me.

You ever have one of those moments where the sunlight is hitting everything just right and everything is so achingly beautiful and the world just seems very clear and very, well, right? It was one of those moments. No one was talking to me or even paying attention to me (except the dog) but I just realized how in love I am with the whole lot of them. Three days later and I still remember it crystal clear. That is a feat for me! I wanted to get up and grab my camera to capture everyone the way they were in that moment. But I knew as soon as I moved the moment would be over. So I just looked and watched and tried my best to commit it to memory.

At the time, I had music playing in the background and it just happened to be one of my favorite songs. And it described the way I was feeling so perfectly. So lest I forget these wonderful feelings tomorrow when the kids spill water colors all over the carpet or eat crackers all over my clean floor or I find a doggy fur ball the size of a cat in the corner somewhere, let me quote Sir Elton John who said it so eloquently, "I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind, that I put down in words. How wonderful life is while you're in the world."






No comments:

Post a Comment