Tuesday, February 7, 2012

oh, what a beautiful morning!

The kids and I had such a great day together today! Since that doesn't always happen I thought I should write it down. We started off the day with a half batch of some homemade whole wheat blueberry muffins. I love the Cookie Madness blog because not only does she always have yummy recipes posted, she often makes half batches in case you're not feeling like making a whole bunch of something.

After breakfast we went to the Y so I could inflict torture upon myself in the form of pilates. Emma Mae does not like going to the YMCA. She says the people in the nursery are scary and she throws a fit every time I drop her off. Of course, every time I pick her up she is totally having fun and smiling so I think it's all a ruse. The work out made me feel so good that I took the kids to the park afterwards to play. It was a gorgeous morning. We even made new friends with a neighbor and her cool Doberman pincher.

When we got home we ate lunch and played a card game together. Everything was going so well until Emma's naptime. She has become a bear at naptime. I would give it up completely except that she is a also a bear when she doesn't take a nap. It took me 30 minutes of laying in bed with her, rubbing her back while trying not to flip out everytime she kicked me or told me that "taking a nap is not my favorite mommy" before she finally sacked out for a couple hours.

Then instead of trying to clean or nap myself I spent the afternoon reading to Jake and just playing with him. So much fun! Too bad it doesn't happen more often around here. Love my kiddos and love the fact I get to stay home with them most of the time while they're little and don't think I'm embarrassing.

1 comment: