Sunday, November 4, 2012

Being thankful

This is my favorite time of year. I pretty much love Halloween through Christmas. It would be nice if the weather would cooperate. Although I am saving a lot of money this fall by not going to Starbucks for pumpkin spice lattes because it is just too hot to drink them. I tried an iced one a few weeks ago and let me tell you that was not a good idea.

Although I love this time of year, I have to say I hate this point in Mike's schooling. We are six weeks away from the end of this semester and it cannot come too soon. He's tired. I'm tired. We're testy with each other. We lose patience with the kids. And all of a sudden, I find it hard to be thankful at the time of year we're supposed to be the most thankful! But, wait! I have a blog. And I can make it my thankfulness journal. We'll try this through November and see how it goes.

I can be thankful for the comic relief in our life that is a five year old boy. On our way to get donuts yesterday he started talking about farts. I don't know why little boys think this is such a hilarious subject but they just do. So he was in the back talking about his friend at school named Marlin. Apparently, Marlin has some stinky farts. And every time he farts it makes Jake and two of his friends laugh hysterically. But then Mrs. Ware gets Marlin "in really big trouble" and then everyone stops laughing. And that "is really weird." You know what I think is weird? I thought it was weird last week when Jake said this to me after dinner. "Mama?" Yes, babe. "I love my weiner." Go tell your daddy what you just said. "Hey daddy! I love my weiner!" And then I just hear hilarious laughter from both of them. Really? So then I looked at my sweet little Emma Mae sitting there licking ranch dressing off of her plate and I was just thankful for another girl in the house.

1 comment: