Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A.I.

I'm not usually one to jump on a particular performer's bandwagon so early in the season, but after watching American Idol tonight, I am just so glad David Archuletta made it into the top 20. He is just the cutest. I was a bit uneasy when I realized he was going to be singing John Lennon's song "Imagine" because that is one of my all time favorites and I don't like people messing with my favorite things. But, really, he was just fabulous. I was looking around our house for a lighter so I could turn out all the lights and sway to the music with it held high above my head. Honestly, this is as close to a concert as I'm going to be getting for the next few years. And at seventeen, he just seems like such a nice person. He's appreciative and doesn't seem to be letting all of this madness go to his head. I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of Michael Johns, the guy from Australia. He wasn't great this week, but I think we can expect big things from him in the future. I'm an expert because of my extensive musical background, so I know these things.

In other American Idol news, is it just me or does Simon seem to be particularly nasty this season? I usually agree with his critique of the vocals, but this year he is just trashing the contestants on a personal level that is unprecedented. I don't like it. Someone needs to slip a happy pill into his Coke next week. Well, I'm off to find my John Lennon greatest hits CD and my purple lighter. Should be a great night.

1 comment:

  1. totally not a comment about American Idol, but I was flipping channels for a few minutes today (trying to take a moment before the boys got up) and thought of you: Rick Springfield was on Oprah. did you catch it???

    ReplyDelete