Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Man

Did you see Rick Springfield on Oprah yesterday? I recorded it and watched it today because I had no idea he was on the show until Amy and Laura told me I had to watch it. And I'm so glad I did. Have I ever mentioned that I love this man? Because I do. And you may not believe this, but I've been wondering for years how to get him (and me) on the Oprah show. Well, at least he finally made it. And she called him a rock icon which I love because he is even if some people make fun of him to this day. Because they are just jealous. She showed clips of him on several old TV shows and of course General Hospital, then she interviewed him, and then of course he sang Jessie's Girl. Oh, yeah, and there was the clip where he went and surprised a fan of his at her place of employment. Okay. I need this to happen to me. It doesn't have to be at work, but sometime before one of us dies, I really, really want to meet Rick. So, if you're ever wondering what to get me for Christmas or my birthday or St. Patrick's Day please, just think about setting up a meeting for me with Rick. And maybe a little concert. That is all.

3 comments:

  1. You never know who will show up on Oprah. Thank goodness for TIVO. What's your all time fave Rick song? Mine is Affair of the Heart. Remember when we saw him with Corey Hart? And Quarterflash? And did we see him with The Motels??? If you can get me a meeting with Tom, I will work on Rick. And please, no Tom bashing, Little Mama readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will work on Tom for you. Maybe we could say you joined the church of scientology and need to ask him some questions. I know for sure we saw him with Quarterflash and I think we saw him with the Motels. We saw him three times together I know that. I have two all time favorites. Jessie's Girl and then a song nobody knows off of one of his later albums called Ordinary Girl because I imagine he's singing it about me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should I be worried about you love affair with Rick!

    ReplyDelete