Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A little football news

Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers is retiring. I am sad. I have loved me some Brett ever since I realized that it's okay to like players from teams other than the Cowboys as long as my team loyalty lies with Dallas. Unless they're being bone-headed (firing Tom Landry, hiring Deon Sanders and Terrell Owens) in which case there have been a few years when I secretly watched other teams and wanted them to go all the way. I love to see that I'm growing as a human being. Anyway, Brett has been such an exciting player to watch and you can just tell that he loves the game and thinks it's fun.

Kind of like Peyton Manning has so much fun off the field in his Priceless.com pep talk commercials. I read somewhere yesterday that he won't be doing them again next year. I also read that Tom Brady will be doing them. I think this is a big mistake. Yes, TB is a great football player but I'm thinking he should stick to modeling in his spare time and let Peyton do the commercial acting. He's just so good at it! Or maybe Peyton's younger brother could pick up the torch and do the commercials. After all, he did win the Super Bowl this year.

2 comments:

  1. I was totally going to call you about this! I too have loved me some Brett since, well, forever. It's bittersweet really. I love watching him play, but I do think it is time for him to step down. The Packers will never be the same. GO CHARGERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i'm going to have to disagree with that last statement!

    ReplyDelete