Monday, March 24, 2008

We're Back!

Jake and I had a really good trip to the Big A to visit my parents last week. We drove up with my sister and niece and nephew. We enjoyed lots of good home cooked meals plus a couple trips to Taco Villa and our favorite burger joint. I got to go see my first movie in a theater since August! Let's hear it for Horton Hears a Hoo. Really cute movie. We took Jake to the local zoo one day and he just loved pointing to the animals. But he especially loved running away from me and going up to every little kid he could find and showing them the animals. Looks like someone needs a friend his own size to play with. His main source of joy and entertainment was the dancing snowman at my parent's house. It's one of those things that dances if you clap or make a loud noise next to it. He loved taking people into the kitchen with him so they could make that thing dance. He broke two of my mom's wooden spoons slapping them on the counter near that snowman. They also had another snowman with a little train that went around it when it was turned on. I think Jake is a little confused about this snowman business because at the end of the week, he was clapping every time he saw this other snowman to get the train to move. And it doesn't work that way. You actually have to press a button to get it to go. Also, today he was looking at his Frosty the Snowman book and started pointing to Frosty and clapping. I'm not sure what he was expecting there. It may take years of therapy to get him over this. I got to take exactly one picture of the trip before my camera batteries ran down. Because that's how prepared I am. So, anyway, here's my sister and my nephew sitting on a ginormous turtle at the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment