Friday, October 24, 2008

Pretty in Pink



We're in serious trouble here. One of the reasons that Mike and I were both sort of hoping to have another boy is that we already have all of the clothes and toys that any little boy could ever need. While shopping for Jake's Halloween costume the other day I was exposed to a store full of little girl clothes. Oh my! They are so much cuter than boy clothes! And there are so many to choose from. I could spend our entire savings on Emma's wardrobe. Not good. I'm thinking a self imposed ban on shopping is the only way to go here. Because I really don't think a closet full of cute clothes is going to aid in our retirement plan in a few years.

2 comments:

  1. So you're telling me Emma can't wear shirts with whales and turtles on them, and especially orange shirts with longhorns on them?? Who cares that her clothes aren't all pink, she's only going to wear them for a few months before out growing them anyway! Yes, the girl needs a few dresses, but you are pretty resourceful. And hey, you never know, she might like trucks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE CLOTHES....I HAVE CLOTHES....
    I had great friends hand me over so many items and they don't fit Maya. Plus....and this one is actually a bit sad: my mom bought Maya her first outfit. But since we did not have her yet, well...it didn't fit. I squeezed her in it for about 20 minutes and then felt bad. So...you have many new and slightly used clothes that I need to get to you.
    And just so you know...Maya is wearing a bunch of the boys clothes too. I just change her if we're going out in public for a long period of time.

    ReplyDelete