Monday, October 27, 2008

Three and Counting


Mike and I had our three year wedding anniversary last Thursday. What is the traditional three year anniversary gift anyway? Paper? Rocks? Scissors? I have no clue, so I got him a backscratcher. That's what he's been wanting for months. He got me some purple tulip bulbs that we're going to plant soon. He had to work on Thursday, but he had a three day weekend off from work so we decided to celebrate over the weekend. Mike arranged for a babysitter to come over for a few hours Sunday morning and he and I ran out of here and headed to the lake for a couple hours of kayaking. Okay, I actually only kayaked for about 45 minutes and Mike did all the work by himself the rest of the time while I basked in the sun eating grapes and he waved a palm frond over my head. That is one of my favorite ways to spend a day. I'm a nature girl and miss living and working on the ocean. It's hard to see much in the way of nature living in suburbia. I mean we see neighborhood dogs and cats, our backyard squirrels and the occasional 'possum, but that's about it. So anyway, while we were kayaking we spotted some snowy and great egrets, cormorants, swans, lots of turtles and a cute little snake. I was in heaven and it's always so much fun to get away with Mike by ourselves for a little while. We wrapped up the afternoon with a stop at a local barbeque joint where we ate ourselves into a food coma. I seriously ate so much that the pants I was wearing the day before no longer fit me. But it was good, and that's a price I'm willing to pay to celebrate wedded bliss. Because what says we're in this together better than gaining five pounds at the same time? So, Happy 3 Michael! You're the best.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I forgot this important occasion. I love my son-in-law and I am so glad you found someone so nice to be the Dad of my grandchildren. I am glad you guys had such a great time. Just wish I could have kept Jake for you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    Has it really been 3 years already?

    ReplyDelete