Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shalloween

Amy sent me an email today with a link to a website where very creative mamas have posted pictures of Halloween costumes they made for their kids. I'm talking about constructing things from cardboard boxes and making really elaborate get-ups.

I'm remembering back to last Halloween when I decided Jake was too young to dress up so I did nothing until about 6pm that night when I had a change of heart and decided he HAD to dress up for his first Halloween. So, I stuck a Hawaiian shirt on him and tried to get him to wear a purple flower lei around his neck. That lasted about five seconds. Then we decided to just go sit out in the driveway and look at the other neighborhood kids who were dressed up in cool costumes and I made a vow to myself and my son that night that he would never be ashamed of his Halloween wear again.

So that brings us to this year. I don't want to go buy one of those cheap little plastic costumes with the awful masks that go with them. Because for one thing, Jake would never keep a mask on. And secondly, I want him to look cute. However, I'm also not really creative at this kind of thing and I can't think of anything to make for him to wear. Any ideas? Please keep in mind that I DO NOT SEW. I could probably handle cutting out some fabric or maybe painting something but I don't want to go overboard. Jake's MeMaw has also graciously offerred to buy him a costume but I have yet to see anything I like that doesn't cost $40. I refuse to spend that much on a costume even if it's not my money. I know there are other pressing matters in the world right now what with the election coming up and the crashing of our economic market but HELP! I cannot let him down another year. I would like a simple, cute (not scary) costume idea that even an idiot could put together.

1 comment:

  1. There will be a check in the mail tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete