Monday, October 13, 2008

This and That

Here's what's on my mind in no particular order.

1.) Tomorrow morning we go in for an amniocentesis. I'm a little nervous about this test because it involves a big needle and there is a slight risk to the baby. So please send up prayers that nothing happens to the baby. We'll also get an ultrasound at the same time to determine the sex. Let's hope baby is not being modest so we can get a good shot!

2.) Texas beat OU on Saturday 45 to 35!. Even though all the football announcers were saying that they couldn't win. My favorite comment by these experts came during halftime when one of them actually said that OU would win the football game if they could just outscore Texas. Really. Because until that moment I hadn't realized that in order to win a game you actually had to OUTSCORE your opponent. Secret's out. Hook 'em Horns.

3.) I know I graduated from Texas A&M, but I am a Longhorn at heart.

4.) Due to a contract dispute between our local cable company and the network that broadcasts NBC, we have been unable to watch anything on NBC for a week now. Because it is gone from our cable lineup. Yep. They got rid of a major network television station. I think this is ridiculous especially since I'm not seeing a discount on our cable bill and I plan to picket or something as soon as I have the energy to march in a line all day long. Yes, we can watch our shows online but it is just not the same and I am an unhappy customer right now.

5.) Is there anything cuter than putting your little boy to bed at night and then hear him up in his crib singing and laughing and clapping to himself? I think not!

2 comments:

  1. I love this story, especially #5.
    I don't think you realize how lucky you are to have such a sweet, cute, loveable little boy. I'm really jealous that he prefers Grandpa over me, but what the heck, they allow me to come along. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be the only Aggie to admit being a Longhorn at heart.
    Looking forward to babysitting Jake tomorrow...hope he's in the mood for a long ride in the jogger!

    ReplyDelete