Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Let's catch up, shall we?

After four days of NO NAP I think Jake is finally down for the count today. Which means I can do very important things that have to be put off when he's awake like blogging. We were able to drive to Amarillo on Christmas Eve to spend time with my family this year. Last year Mike couldn't go but this year his job very generously gave him a couple days of unpaid vacation. So after about 9 1/2 hours in the car we made it to Grandpa and MeMaw's house where nearly everyone was still awake after midnight waiting for Santa to come. It must have been disappointing when we walked in instead, but they put smiles on their faces and acted happy to see us. We put Jake to bed, let Santa in to put toys under the tree and fell asleep. The next morning we opened gifts, finally got Grandpa to read the Christmas story from the Bible and ate way too much. All in all a great day was had by everyone. Let's look at some pictures.




Why in the world would Santa bring toys that make noise to a little boy? He really should know better. That lawnmower Jake is pushing is enough to drive me into early therapy. What was I (I mean SANTA) thinking?



Me, Mike and Jake




I think my niece Katie got the coolest gift in the house this year. Who doesn't need an electric guitar named Big Red?



What can I say about these two? I love them both in their own special ways. That's my brother in law and nephew. I'll leave out their names because really they might want a little anonymity if this picture gets out.




Jake hanging out with Uncle James and Aunt Cheryl.



I'm not sure what it is about Amarillo, but it seemed to bring out the gangsta' or maybe inner pirate in both me and Jake. Peace out homies.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the story and pictures. So much fun having all of us together. Glad Mike got to come even if it was such a short visit for him. Was there really just 10 of us this year? Next year Emma will make it 11.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete