Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pizookie Deliciousness

I promise this is the last time this year I'll post something about my birthday. Saturday Mike and I got to have a real, live date and went to a movie and out to dinner afterwards. Some friends of ours watched Jake for the evening and he had too much fun playing with their little boy. We went to see Defiance which is a really good movie but might I suggest not seeing it if you have raging hormones coursing their way through your body. It's about a group of brothers who basically hide out in the forest during the Holocaust, do some good and not so good things, but eventually end up helping lots of people survive that awful time. I don't know what I was thinking picking this movie. I think it was something like "that Daniel Craig is so hot!" However, his hotness and the genuine good quality of the movie could not match my pregnant body screaming how can people be so cruel to other people? It made me want to pack up the kids and tell Mike to take us out to the country or the mountains or something to live the rest of our lives in complete isolation. So, I give the movie an A- but warn you not to see it if you are feeling the least bit emotional. You know what else you shouldn't see if you're feeling emotional? Marley and Me with Jen Anniston and Owen Wilson. I made that mistake over Christmas. It's a really good movie, but it reduced me to a blubbering, shoulders heaving, tears running down my face idiot in the movie theater. I caught Mike looking at me during my breakdown and all I could say was "STUPID MOVIE!"

Anyhow, the movie was so long on Saturday that we didn't have time to go to the restaurant I wanted to go to so we ended up having a sandwhich at Schlotsky's. Then on Sunday night we took Jake with us to BJ's for the ultimate in birthday desserts. I had never before eaten a pizookie, but recently heard several good things about them from friends. So I literally chose my birthday dinner based on the dessert. It was well worth it. It's just a big, warm cookie loaded up with ice cream but it made me so happy! Jake liked it to and kept asking for "MORE CAKE PLEASE!" Here are some pictures from the big weekend.




2 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures. I love my little boy saying please. He's precious. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like it all went well! what kind of pizzokie did you end up getting?

    ReplyDelete