Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Emma update

Okay, I finally have a few moments to update you on little Emma. She has been such a good little baby. She sleeps all the time waking only for a few minutes to eat and look around and then she's back off to sleep. I've probably gotten more sleep the last two or three nights then I did the last three months. It has been good. She weighed 8 lbs. and 3 oz. at birth, dropped a little bit in the hospital and was back up to 7 lbs. 15 oz. at her checkup on Monday.

She looks a little bit like Jake did when he was a baby. She has the same chubby cheeks and cute little mouth. I think her eyes are going to be blue though and right now she has a little bit of dark hair. She is sleeping for four hour stretches and she sleeps in her bassinet that my dad built at night. During the day,however, she really likes to be held. She is definately a cuddle bunny.

Here is the last picture of the baby bump that we took Thursday morning before going to the hospital. She filled up my belly pretty good! We will discuss my bangs at a later date. Much later.





















Here are some pictures of Emma right after she was born.


















My recovery is going well except for the fact that I'm way more swollen now than I was when I was pregnant. I go in to get my staples removed tomorrow. We had so many visitors in the hospital and friends and family that have come over to help me out while Mike is gone. You have all been such a blessing to us. And let me also mention the fact that I haven't had to cook anything this week because of all the people bringing us food. Thank you so much! Right now we're just trying to get used to having two kids and somehow keep Jake's life as normal as possible. He has been super sweet to Emma. I'll post more later about her delivery and Jake's reaction to her. The vicadin has kicked in and I suddenly just want to go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. I think we should discuss the bangs now, right now! Glad to hear everyone is recovering well. Thank you for reminding me what I do not want to go through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update, can't wait to hear more! Let us know if you need anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so sweet. Can't wait to hear about Jake meeting her. Congrats again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!
    I'm so glad you updated all of us. I've been wanting to call, but also wanting you to rest as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete