Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where I get all sentimental

The only disappointing thing about Emma's arrival was that my parents weren't able to be here for it. My mom had to have a second back surgery the week before Emma was born so she wasn't able to travel. Needless to say, we were all disappointed but the surgery was something that had to happen and I'm just hoping her recovery goes well so that they can get down here soon and she can hold her namesake.

That being said, so many other people visited us in the hospital, brought gifts for both Emma and Jake, brought food for our family and just generally made us feel loved and supported. That means a lot at a time when I just want my mama and daddy around. So to all of our friends and family I wanted to say thank you! I haven't had a day at home alone with both kids yet. Wonderful friends come over to keep us company and play with Jake and watch Emma while I get to go take a shower. Mike's dad made a very long trip from Missouri to be here to watch Jake while we were in the hospital. And I will just go on record as saying that I have the best sister in the entire world. She sees what needs to be done and does it without asking. Plus, she kept us stocked up on cookies, brownies and ice cream for an entire week. And of course I'm not in the least bit jealous that my son has taken to calling Amy his mommy. I think we got that straightened out though. Last night he told me "Amy Jake's friend!" I wish I had pictures of everyone who has helped out but it seems I did a horrible job documenting things. We did get a few pictures of Mike's dad with the kids and Amy holding Emma. Thanks again to everyone and mama I'll see you when you're feeling better!


No comments:

Post a Comment