Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Apparently, I need to go on TV's What not to Wear

This morning as I was getting ready to leave the house I realized that the two pairs of pants I own that fit me right now were both dirty. So, I opted for a skirt. It had to be a skirt with an elastic waistband because let's just say I have a few more baby pounds to lose. Also, my abs need to be retrained in the art of sucking themselves in. Oh, six pack of abs, I miss you so. Now my tummy looks more like a 2 liter bottle that has expanded to the point of bursting. But I'm not bitter.

So, I found the only elastic waist banded skirt in my closet and paired it with what I hoped was an age appropriate shirt. I won't say that I thought I looked cute, but I will say that I thought I was presentable.

In walks Jake. He took one look at me and said in no uncertain terms "No, no, no, NO Ma'am. (yes, that's ma'am, not mama. not sure where he picked that up) You can't wear this. TAKE THIS OFF RIGHT NOW!" I had no idea he had such clear opinions on clothing. He did scream at me once when I tried to put a pink t-shirt on him. He kept saying it was Emma's shirt for some reason. But generally speaking this is a child who will wear anything I put on him. And he has never commented on my apparel before. I have to say it made me a little uncertain about my outfit. I would have changed if there had been anything to change in to. As luck would have it, my friend Leslie came over a few minutes later and assured me that I looked fine. I decided to trust her opinion over the toddler. I do, however, appreciate his concern. On the upside, maybe this means that when I found him peeking in the girls' dressing rooms at the mall the other day, he was just checking out their fashion choices.

1 comment:

  1. ok, that's hilarious!! and i totally know what you mean about retraining your abs. sigh. my workout routine begins next week!

    have you heard of P90X? I hear it has AMAZING results.

    ReplyDelete