Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Seriously, I'm tired of creepy crawly things

Last night I went into the kitchen to chop up some veggies to put in a salad for dinner. That's right, I said veggies. We eat them every now and then. I picked a cutting board up off of the counter only to find a little, brown scorpion looking at me. Well, you can bet we won't be having vegetables again anytime soon. Not if these guys like hanging out around cutting boards. I bet scorpions never hide in cookie jars or ice cream cartons. This is the third scorpion we've seen since we moved in here and the fact that it was still alive and in our KITCHEN really freaked me out.

I still maintain the position that scary little creatures are cool to look at outside but if they're found inside then they must die. Mike, being my knight in shining armor, took off his flip flop and crushed the poor little bugger.

I can't wait until we move into our own house with our own set of bugs. I was thinking we would not waste the money on having the new house sprayed for buggies, but now I see the foolishness in that decision. Sign me up ABC pest control. I don't want to see anything that should be outside, inside. Unless it's something like a coyote or a fox. That would be cool.

So without any further adieu, here is my top ten list for this Tuesday.

Top Ten Reasons I Hate Arachnids

1.) They have eight legs which means they're faster than me

2.) They are hairy

3.) They can bite/sting me

4.) They are creepy

5.) They are silent which just increases the creepiness factor

6.) They are masters of camoflage so I can't see them until I've just about stepped on them

7.) They have the ability to eat you from the inside out

8.) They spin their webs right in front of our door so every morning I walk through them and end up picking spider web off of myself the rest of the day

9.) They sometimes crunch when your husband squashes them

10.) When I was little, one of them found his way into my bowl of Post Toasties

3 comments:

  1. When Rob and I were first together we were watching a movie on my bed when a scorpion crawled on my shoulder. I felt it, flung it on the floor, turned on the light and freaked out. Rob took a pocket knife and chopped the darned thing up right there! It was so scary and luckily I didnt get stung!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chantal, that makes my skin crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

    On a side note...the inside rule applies to tents as well!!! I realize we are invading their territory, but I work soooo hard to keep the door closed and zipped...

    ReplyDelete