Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it

Our house is SO close to being ready for move in! We're scheduled to close on July 10th and we just locked in our interest rate. We went to visit it this morning and discovered that the front yard had been put in. It looks like a real home now! Let me show you.




This is what you see when you walk through the front door. See our art niche? We don't own art.




Here's the kitchen. Makes me want to cook something right now.




This is the view from the kitchen looking out into the dining/living room. Makes me want to live in it right now.



I wonder if I'll finally feel like a grown up when we sign those papers. First time home owner at the age of thirty nine. Grown ups can still blow bubbles and play with play doh, right?

8 comments:

  1. It is absolutely beautiful. We are so happy for you and Mike and those beautiful kids. It looks like Jake has already found his way around. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, we have the exact same oven and microwave. you have good taste! :) it's all very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to play with play doh and blow bubbles....like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it just me or does the house seem to be tilting to the right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it is tilting. Hopefully your camera was crooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!!!!
    You can absolutely blow bubbles, play with play doh!
    You can also eat on the floor....you'll be the first ones living in it!!!!!!
    *I did not say eat off the floor...can't go that route!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very exciting my friend! so is it bad that i am 39 and have never owned a home?

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely not! your travels make you more of a grown up than me. who wants to be grown up anyways?!

    ReplyDelete