Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tonsil free

Jake had his tonsils and adenoids removed on Tuesday. He was such a little trooper. I knew he was a bit nervous about the whole thing but he didn't cry. Not even when they wheeled him away from us. I might have cried then. Just a little bit. I knew that he was having a very ordinary, simple procedure but at that moment I felt a little panicked. He just seemed so little and I have to admit I was worried about him. Whenever I have those moments about the kids the one verse that always comes to mind is "be still and know that I am God." Basically, it's just a reminder that He is in control and I don't need to worry about things. Like our Sunday school teacher says, "He's got this."

Anyway, Jake made it through the surgery just fine. He was only away from us for about an hour. Mike stayed at the hospital until about 3pm and then left to go relieve Cheryl and Katie from Emma duty. Jake and I had a "camp out" at the hospital until about 6:30 the next morning. He was so sweet the whole time. We watched movies, walked around, played in their extraordinarily small playroom and ate an enormous amount of chocolate pudding and rainbow popsicles.

1 comment:

  1. no pictures of the patient?
    hope he's on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete