Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Wonder Who's Crying Now...

Let's just say I've been really hormonal lately. I would estimate that since the weekend I've teared up at least a dozen times. And I'm not a cryer. I'm the kid who watched Benji as a kid and bit my bottom lip so that I would not cry because crying is for sissies.

When I was in high school McDonald's started running these commercials that took me completely off guard and made me cry every time I saw them. Ronald McDonald is responsible for opening up my emotional floodgates. And pregnancy hormones are responsible for keeping them flowing right now. I want to cry all the time. No joke. Every single day.

It is totally not helping that Jake has decided he wants to be a big boy now or something. Ever since he was a baby part of our nightly routine has been for me to put him in his crib, rub his back and sing him a lullaby I made up for him. He has always seemed to like the song (if not my singing) and even started asking for a song at night a few weeks ago. The problem is that for the past week after he asks me for a song and I start singing his lullaby he sits straight up in bed and says "NO!" And then he says "spider". As in Itsy, Bitsy. So our sweet little bedtime lullaby has been replaced by Itsy, Bitsy Spider. I'm afraid it's a sign of things to come. And it's enough to make a mama cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment