Friday, September 12, 2008

Let's Talk About Jake

It's been awhile since I just sat down and told about what's going on in Jake's life. So, let's do that now shall we?

First of all, I'm proud to say that we just finished day three of NO Star Wars video game playing. The first night was pure torture and I'm sad to say that Jake had to go to time out three times for throwing fits about me not letting him play. Day two was a little bit easier and today although he still asked to play, he didn't throw a fit when we said no. We're actually telling him the thing is broken. I think he's buying it. Trust me, there are times when it's okay to lie to your child.

He currently weighs in at about 22 pounds and he's about knee level with me in height. So, he's pretty small, but I've stopped worrying about it because I'm just convinced that God gave me a small baby because he knows I have a bad back. Thank you Jesus.

He cracks us up. He likes to spin around in circles. He's just learning to jump and it is the funniest thing I've ever seen. He loves to watch other kids play and tries to join them whenever he can. He pulls the cats' tail without mercy and wonders why she always runs away from him. His favorite game is hide and go seek which Big Daddy taught him to play. He can kick and throw a ball but not so much catch one yet. He loves water. He loves cookies. He loves to be tickled. He loves to DANCE and the kid has some moves. He walks around doing this thing that Mike calls his "Thriller" move because he looks just like one of the monster people from Michael Jackson's video.

When he's frustrated or mad he either throws something at us or tries to hit us OR he realizes he will get in trouble for those things and so he pinches himself or hits his hand on something really hard. Advice anyone?

These are the things he says most often: i want to play, go outside, brady, kitty, mama, dada, cookie, cereal (cerealeal), ball, yeah!, NO!, and choo-choo. He said "I go poo poo" the other day.

He really loves Elmo and trucks and balls. And he likes to pull things behind him. Yesterday, we went for a walk around the block with him pulling Brady's leash behind him the whole way even though Brady was not attached to it. Pretty cute.

I know there's so much more, but a mommy's brain is a fragile thing. It can only hold so much at one time.

1 comment:

  1. Great post about Jake. I think it's funny that you already have to take steps to pull him away from the whole gaming world.
    What a special blessing he is!

    ReplyDelete