Monday, September 1, 2008

It's on like Donkey Kong

I'm so excited for the new season of football this year! I love it when football starts because I can almost convince myself that we will be experiencing fall in the near future. Of course, in central Texas that means we can expect the temperatures to drop to the low nineties instead of the upper one hundreds. What a relief!

I'm happy to say that the Texas Longhorns won their first game of the season and the Cowboys should be all set to win their first game on Sunday. I probably just jinxed them. I'm also curious to see how Brett Favre will do with the Jets. I really think he should have stayed in retirement, but I guess I can take one more season of seeing him out there in those little pants of his.

Meanwhile, the best part of football season has already begun. That's right. I'm talking about the Peyton Manning commercials. Only this year he has been joined by his brother Eli which is all right by me. Eli can hold his own. Have you seen the new one with the Manning brothers and Venus and Serena Williams? Hilarious.

Anyhow, yeah for football, nachos, the Manning brothers, Brett Favre and Tony Romo. I love them all in no particular order.

2 comments:

  1. Ken has been making fun of me I was so excited for Miami to play last week (and they too won their first game!) Oh, UM plays Texas A&M in TX, we should get a side bet going, even though Miami will totally win! :)

    You are more forgiving of Brett than I am and we know how much I love my Brett. I really think he should have just stayed retired and continue being loved by Packers and everyone. Now he has great potential to look like a fool. Oh Brett, why do you tease me so??

    Did I tell you the Cowboys training camp was in Oxnard, where I happen to take up residence?!?! Yes, I drove by there multiple times, and Ken played golf with a lineman. I did not stop in, as I am not the Cowboys lover you are, but you should have come visit!!

    GO FOOTBALL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with you that UM will beat the Aggies. Now, it might be a different story if they were playing the Longhorns!

    I too, am worried about Brett. What was he thinking?

    I know they practice in Oxnard! My parents and I saw their bus when we got lost there one summer. You should have stopped by to meet Tony Romo!

    ReplyDelete