Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shoppers Anonymous

I think I have a real sickness people. I can't stop buying clothes for baby Emma. I didn't have this problem with Jake. For one thing, we got tons of gently used clothes from friends of mine who had older boys so there was really never a need to buy anything. But also, we were living in Wyoming and there was no Carter's outlet store in the entire state that I'm aware of.

I was introduced to the Carter's outlet after we moved to Austin and then I did start buying a few things for Jake because I'm convinced they have the cutest, softest clothing and they have it for really cheap prices. Plus, it's like a ten minute drive from our house. Convenient.

Anyways, a few weeks ago I imposed a ban on myself from going into Carter's because it was just getting me into trouble. The problem is that I'm no good at enforcing my self imposed ban. I find myself in there all the time! Last week I bought a very cute girly diaper bag to use with Miss Emma. Poor Jake still has the same plain, black bag that the doctor's office gave me before he was born. It's got holes and rips in the fabric and everything. When I found out we were having another baby I swore that I would buy a nice bag that I could use for both kids. Alas, I never found a generic diaper bag that screamed out CUTE. But I did find a pink and brown one with flowers that screamed out ADORABLE so I bought it. I hope there will be no permanent repercussions for Jake with me putting his things in a girly, flowery bag. Maybe I'll just get him a Lightning McQueen backpack and let him tote around his own things.




Also, take a look at these sweet little outfits. I mean do you see the hot pink onesie with the whale on it? And the matching hot pink short shorts? I love the little ladybug dress too. How could I resist the temptation to buy them? The flesh was weak and the wallet was handy. I feel I need a sponsor I can lean on for the next three weeks to get me through the birth of this child without spending another dime on her. So that when I'm driving by Carter's I can call this person and they can do an immediate intervention on me by convincing me that I might want to buy food or gas or something else besides baby clothes. Hello, my name is Kim and I can't stop buying little girl things.

3 comments:

  1. yes you have a problem, you are irresistibly drawn... could be the hormones, could be that girl clothes are just way cuter.

    somehow this post reminded me of all the times we saw dirty dancing...not sure why and i couldn't think of a clever way to work it into my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so weird because just yesterday i was wondering how many times you and i saw that movie! we must have some psychic connection going on...oh, and how many taco bell bean burritos do you think we've eaten??

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO adorable Kim! I know I'm probably not helping but man, that bag is cute!
    Good luck, and I can't wait to meet Miss Emma, she will be the best dressed girl in Austin with those clothes! =)

    ReplyDelete