Monday, February 16, 2009

This is how we roll

I've reached the point in this pregnancy where all I really feel like doing is absolutely nothing. I feel bad for Jake because nothing is not very exciting for a two year old. So, I'm making an effort to do one thing with him every single day even though the temptation to lay on the couch watching Horton Hears a Hoo non-stop is very tempting.

On Valentines Day Jake was very helpful in getting a present for Mike together. We baked him some chocolate chip cookies and laid out his gifts on the kitchen table for him to see when he got home from work. Yes, that is a new body pillow for him and a gift card to Chipoltle. Because the way to my husband's heart is truly through a good burrito.

















Yesterday, we went to church. That's usually a good 2 1/2 hours of entertainment for Jake and he gets to play with kids his own age. Only when I went and picked him up from his class he was the only one left in there and he was crying uncontrollably. Great big crocodile tears were just streaming down his face. Turns out that some cute little girl decided she wanted the chair Jake was pushing around the room and yanked it away from him which caused him to fall down and bust his upper lip on a table.

Today we went to a bookstore where he met a cute little girl who enjoyed playing the "No, Mine! game with him." He also had fun running from one end of the store to the next squealing "MOMMY! I RUNNING!" And you know what? I didn't even care. I'm just fat and tired enough right now to think that running rampant through a Christian bookstore will at least get out some of that energy. And being that it was a Christian bookstore I thought maybe the other people inside would forgive me and pray for some sort of deliverance for me and my child. Hmm. Maybe tomorrow we'll skip the outing and just stay home and make stuff with Play-Doh.

No comments:

Post a Comment