Monday, July 12, 2010

Just a day in the life

I started off today by dropping a brand new jar of applesauce on the floor. Of course, it was a glass jar and it broke all over the place. Meanwhile, Emma was in her highchair flipping out because I couldn't get her any applesauce and Jake was trying to drive his truck through the entire mess. I found myself in a lengthy discussion with the three year old about how crawling through broken glass is really not a good idea. I seriously wonder sometimes why no one thinks I know what I'm talking about around here.

I finally got the mess cleaned up with constant running commentary from Jake who was supervising my work. I got Emma out of her chair and distracted from the fact that she was not currently eating applesauce. Then Jake came over to tell me he had found something. I thought maybe he was talking about more glass so I followed him. What he found was a scorpion. I nudged it to see if it was still alive and it went into full on soldier mode trying to kill me with its tail. So I ran to get something to scoop it up with and saw Emma going straight for the scorpion to pick it up! I yelled at her to stop and thank God, she did. Finally! Someone listened to something I said!

Needless to say, it is nap time and Mama is exhausted. The floor is cleaned up (relatively speaking), the scorpion sits in a glass on the kitchen counter, the kids are in their rooms and I am happily enjoying some peace and quiet waiting for the next adventure/misadventure to strike.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh what a FUN day! A scorpion would totally freak me out.

    ReplyDelete